I am considering getting my 15 year old a 22 LR bolt action. This would be his first gun outside of an airgun. We just moved to the country last year, and that is why he is getting one so late in age.

What I would like are some recommendations from folks as to what I should look into. I would like it to be accurate of course, stainless if possible and something that would last him for years.

My considerations to this point are guns like the Savage Mark II stainless with synthetic stock. Thoughts on this particular gun would be helpful. Other suggestions are appreciated as well. Looking to keep the price reasonable, but want good quality for the money I spend. If not the Savage, and another suggestion is twice as much, would like to know if the suggestion is twice as good.

I know that the 10/22 would be an excellent choice, but I would like him to focus on making his shots count, and not how fast he can pull the trigger.

I appreciate yall's input.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell