Shooting a recurve off a rest makes for weird aiming.... shooting off the shelf makes much more sense.

The kids around here have formed a trough of epoxy to shoot off the shelf. Of course no vanes or anythign so no biggy.

I hear ya on used ones, but I have no real source of used and don't like ebay non personally seen stuff. Twisted limbs can come undone, and unstrung, have seen that on some 4H bows that were mistreated when I was coaching a 4H archery program a bit. So I'm gun shy of twisted limbs.

Saw the Coyote as a nice bow, then noticed the kingfisher... mayb go the kingfisher route.

I have a bit of play time with the AMS reels and they are slower. Years ago when we used Zeb 808s or 888s they would catch now and then at the shot and snag the line... NOT fun... I hope Muzzy has that taken care of.

Right now I'm driving only, so I get to watch the nephews shoot, maybe I'll learn some from them but I don't YET trust them to drive my airboat while I shoot...

But I'm searching for the right gear for when I get another airboat driver to fish with us, we can swap shooting and driving...

Regards, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....