I am certain that a Tomahawk missile does not use 500 oz. of silver, but silver is an excellent conductor of electricity.

In the early 1970's, I toured a Western Electric Company laboratory (AT&T R&D) that was developing the computer for controlling the Nike Zeus anti-missile system. The computer took up an entire room and was a miracle to behold. Each circuit board was shock mounted to the frame, the frame was shock mounted to the floor, and the floor was shock mounted to the foundation, which in turn was shock mounted into bedrock. All this to withstand a near nuclear explosion.

For cooling, the vertical and horizontal frames were hollow and a liquid coolant was circulated to carry off the heat and there was a large heat exchanger outside the facility.

The system worked on low voltage (24 volts if I recall correctly). This required high amperage for the amount of wattage needed. To carry the high amperage (at the low voltage), solid silver bus bars ran overhead. There was no insulation on the bars so I was cautioned not to touch anything. These bars were each about 8" X 8" and 30 feet long - lot's of expensive silver!

At the time I was sworn to secrecy, but now that 40 years have passed, I don't think anyone cares. Certainly today's PC's have more computing capacity than this dinosaur!

I'd forgotten about this until the reference to the Tomahawk's use of silver was mentioned.