Steve, that's about how I understand it too.

Since they are finding radiation levels climbing 300 yards offshore, and now it's in the groundwater 50 feet under the plant, it sure seems like there's a breech in one or more reactor vessals, or whatever it is they call them.

When I came up with the "ants using Raid" analogy it had real resonance for me; it's easy to imagine a buncha ants trying like heck to make use of this substance that's like instant death to them... and easy to predict the results, too, over the long haul.

Currently one of the big issues in Japan is that they can't even get near the problem; it's simply unapproachable by a human being. Ants and Raid. That's insane.

This isn't a technology that we have a handle on, not really. And it drives me a bit crazy that the SAME scientists who promised us 40 years ago to trust them, they knew best, everything was going to be fine, which has turned out to be untrue big time (with the waste factored in, especially) are the same bastids we are supposed to trust now. Well, I don't.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!