I really like mine for it's handiness and ergonomics. It weighs about 6lbs with a FX-3 6x42 and a mag full of ammo. The materials from which it is constructed are impervious to all conditions. It cannot rust and I like that about a "knockaround" type rifle.

Yes the trigger needs replaced but I will not buy another Timney for mine. I've had two now and after being really good initially both have been returned because of slam fires, failure to reset, and creep. I initially thought it was a problem with the set screws moving but after applying Loc-tite I still had the same issues. No more Timneys for me.

The gun itself is very accurate 3/4" for 5 shots at 75yds but it will only shoot this well with two types of ammo......the Hornady 30gr V-max load and the CCI 30 gr Maxi-Mag + V. The Hornady load suits my needs so it's no big deal.

A note on accuracy, my rifle is really sensitive to the tightness of the action screw. Too tight and it won't shoot for shi++. Remember this when you begin to test loads.

Also with the integral scope rail you can easily end up with a scope mounted too high. Buy the lowest low rings you can get and you will be fine. BTW, Midway lists the height of all it's rings under specs., I found this very helpful.

I shopped around and ended up getting my MR for about $650 shipped. Overall I really like the rifle at that price. There is really a lot to be said for a light, impervious, accurate, semi-auto 22-mag...............
[Linked Image]

X-VERMINATOR

Last edited by xverminator; 04/04/11.

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)