I Just thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my Zbrojovka Brno rifles and the European mounts of the deer I shot with them last season near home.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My 22F fullstock carbine 7x57 was customized by Ralf Martini - new Recknagel single trigger to replace the double set triggers, new pad, and new Dakota m70 type safety & shroud. I kept the old parts in case I ever want to restore to "original" but for now I'm very happy with the ol' girl. She was made in 1949 and is still sound and accurate. I put a Leupold 6x compact on it in original BRNO skeleton mounts and modified Leupold QR rings. Handles like a dream! The deer was a late season whitetail taken on public "wildlife lands" ( bought by hunter dollars ) just 10 miles from my house. Not bad considering I was not trophy hunting.

[Linked Image]

My 21H (halfstock) rifle 7x64 was made in 1950 and was already equipped with a Jaeger single trigger when I got it. I wanted it customized a little more so I also sent this one to Ralf, and had the butterknife bolt removed and replaced with an Oberndorf style bolt, a new pad, re-blue, and new safety and bolt shroud identical to the 22F. I put on a set of Talley QR ringmounts and a Leupold 2.5-8. A match made in heaven. It is accurate and deadly with handloads or Norma ammo. The Mule deer buck came from my own property, the first buck I have had an opportunity to shoot on my land in the more than twenty years I have owned it. Quite satisfying!

[Linked Image]
A few weeks ago I added the top rifle to the lineup, a 21H 8x57 that I found at the Saskatoon gun show. It is a little beat up, but a simple stock refinishing, re-blue, a new pad and the Dakota bolt shroud & safety modification and she will be ready to go. This one was found unexpectedly with a regular low bolt handle and single adjustable trigger. At $800 I think it was a good value. I shot a group that was just a touch over 1" with the first reload recipe I ever tried.
I think this one would look good photographed next to an elk rack next year, don't you?

Natures works of art...
[Linked Image]