Many articles hve been published and studies done concerning the suitability of cartriges used in elk hunting. The results have all shown similarities of it doesn't matter so much as to what you hit them with rather than where.I have killed more thana few elk with quite a few different cartriges, from muzzle loader( although not a cartridge) to a 7 mag and I have never seen a differnce in thier use of killling velk

Anyone who has had three bull elk run off and not successfully recovered them needs to either review thier thought process as to what shots they should pass or take,or quit elk hunting. I think the figure of about 30,00 moose killed in Sweden in a study is about right. Therefore, any elk should be easily dispatched withe a 6.5 provided the right bullet is used and the shot placement is correct.

Discussing ethics in elk killing and selecting bullets and firearms that will kill elk with any shot taken is an oxymoron.Ethics begin with the passing questionable shots. Of course things happen when things go awry,but it is up to the hunter to make sure those instances are minimized

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles