Last year I went to "Batson's Knife Symposium". For those of you who may not be familiar, it is a weekend hammer-in hosted by Dr. James Batson, M.S. and the Alabama Forge Council at the Tannehill State Park.

During the weekend workshop Dr. Batson forged two bowie blades which were then auctioned off at a charity auction which was held that Saturday afternoon. The blade I purchased was forged, rough ground, and heat treated per the terms of the auction by Dr. Batson. In talking with Dr. Batson after the auction he told me that the blade still needed to be heat treated which he would do as part of a demo the next day. Unfortunately, I was sheduled to drive home Saturday evening. I gave Dr. Batson my contact information and we spoke a week or so later. At BLADE, we discussed the blade a bit further and I asked that he finish the projet.

This is what I received in the mail on Monday morning. The pics suck, but the weather here in Arkansas is not cooperative this week, so it will have to do until I can take better ones.

Blade is W2 and handle is of frame construction with Walnut scales.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Murph