Originally Posted by slowr1der
Originally Posted by RDFinn
How much of a price difference is there between the Burris FF and a closeout deal on a 4200 3-9. If it wasn't much or it is feasable, that is the direction I would go. I've heard of people getting these closeout deals between $200 and $250.
I think I could probably sell this Burris to a buddy and get enough, well probably a tad more than it would cost for a Elite 4200 3-9x40 from Cabela's for $200. The only reason I don't want to do this is I came from having a decent 3-9x40 on this rifle and it just wasn't working for me. I never found myself using anything under 5 power, and I often found myself wishing I had more power. I'd like the glass of the Bushnell Elite 4200, but it seems like once I get into the higher magnification ones the price increase is huge. I really want something with a minimum of 14x on the top end, and the higher the better. I also want a max of 5 or maybe 6x on the low end. That way it will fit all of my needs in every situation. Both of these seem to fit that category pretty well, but it seems like to step up to much better glass you have to pay 2 or 3x the price, and you don't seem to get 2 or 3x the glass quality.

I will say, 5x on a 3x9 can be a very different thing than 5x on a "big" scope like a 4.5-14 or the like.

Just an observation.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!