Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I could use that on my '91. As it is, I spread legs, insert cup, clamp knees tightly together, pray I don't hit a bump so lid comes off.

Rock Chuck,

I was subjected to a terrifying ride once in a lifted-Ford truck in Northern Alberta. We'd just picked up a pair of jumbo cups of coffee at a Quik-Stop, it was like -25�F, and were cruising the back roads, doing some creative road hunting (tell me you don't do that grin)

Anyway, I'm bouncing in the worn-out seat with 32-ounces of hot java next to my three little boys, when a 170-ish whitetail jumps out of the borrowpit and across a huge property where have permission.

My erstwhile guide drove through an open gate and proceeded to race across the open plowed FROZEN field. My legs closed and my three little boys got scalded with impossibly hot coffee. Coffee cups flying, my beloved .280 Ackley is flying in the other direction and the schit has literally hit the fan!!!

No buck ... he was prolly laughing somewhere in the brush grin

I hunted hard quite bow-legged for a week.

Never saw the frickin' whitetail again, but ended up killing his buddy, a decent 165, that year. The best whitetail I killed up there was a solid 178 B&C.

Yeah, hot coffee should be restricted to a cupholder. It's safer ... for three reasons gringringrin

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397