Originally Posted by colorado
I've got 3 main rifles now. A vintage Rem 700 BDL in 270 that weighs 8 1/2 lbs with it's original Redfield scope. A CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery that weighs 11.25 lbs with a 1.5-5x Leupold scope. And a Rem XCR II in 375 Weatherby that weighs 7 3/8 lbs with a Leupold 2-7x scope. The weight difference between the two Remingtons isn't really enough to make a difference. I find I need to keep up with the 25 lb barbells if I want to hunt with 500 Jeffery (I took it elk hunting two years ago ... smile )

Yep, eliptical machines and barbells and especially shoulder shrugs (an excercise with barbells in your hands) work wonders for making a rifle lighter......

I did get my 416Rigby weighed a while ago and it, with its full length bedding, cross bolts and pistol grip re-inforcing bolt, Wiesner extended bottom metal, Tally steel QD rings, Burris Posi Lock 1.75-5 Signature Safari scope and 5 rounds of 400 gr solidsor TSX's packed in goes nearly 13lbs. Packed it for 10-14 days in Africa several times and 14 days in Alska three different times oft with a backpack on my back so the rifle carried in my hand the whole time and hip boots as attire de riguer.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500