Originally Posted by xverminator
What do you mean it doesn't answer noise levels? I'm not understanding where some of you guys are coming from on the noise level thing.........Again, the Fireball has considerably less muzzle blast than the .223.

Will it still require hearing protection at the range?.... yes it will. I always use HP at the range no matter what I'm shooting. I do not and will not use it while hunting and that is reason for asking about .221 builds on an AR in the first place. Could give two shi!!s what it's chambered for if all I intend to do is bang at the range all day............

IMO, the AR-15 is the ultimate platform for called predators but I have no interest in adjustable gas blocks for said ventures.

Chambering one to .221 FB and building it light might very well be the ultimate 300 yd (covers 99% of called predators) calling set-up for those that don't like muzzleblast. We shall see!!

X-VERMINATOR

As a very long time 221 Fireball user, and a AR-15 user, I will stay tuned for your results. And I fully agree the report of a 221 is considerably less than a 223, no doubt based in the 30-35% less powder.
As to whether it's practical, when do gun "enthusiasts" need to be practical or justify their projects? grin

NRA/TSRA Life