Another interesting fact about Nutria's is the females have the tits on their backs and not on their bellies.
One time I had went over to Portland Oregon to see my girlfriend and when it came time for me to head back to the Oregon coast I went by some swamp land and usually always seen nurtias in the grass eating, but they would always run for the water if you stopped, well this one time I stopped and walked do to this one pretty big one and he just stood there and was not acting the least aggressive, so I picked him up by his tail and put him in the back of my truck, well it was a 2 hour drive back to the coast, I got back there and went and showed some friends who had never seen a nutria. So we jumped in my truck and headed to a local lake and got out and went over to where he was setting in the truckbed, he was still acting funny so me being either brave or stupid I reached down and let him smell my hand, he sniffed it and everything seemed alright so I started to pet him and scratch him under his chin all the while he could have bitten off any number of fingers but he was not aggressive at all, so I picked him up and held him in my arms and my friends came over and slowly petted him and he really seemed to enjoy the attention. So I put him down in the grass and he sat there and started to eat some grass, I then picked him up and took him to the waters edge and let him go, he just swam away. I have had other similar things like that happen to me, I don't know if animals sense I mean them no danger or what. I have had pet skunks, possums and some other little animals. Another animal I have found to be very timid is the beaver. I just thought I would share that story with everyone.

Cocked,Locked and Ready to Rock