Hi August,

Mine are 7X57s also. As Ironeagle suggested, it would be good to see the whole gun in a photo. I would also expect that a shot of the breach from the top down (close-up) would show more about the manufacturer. 7X57 is a popular hunting caliber (formerly a military caliber) in Europe, I think the "Mauser" on the butt, along with what I can see of the barrel, makes it a commercial/sporting gun, not a military conversion. It will probably be worth more than a military conversion. The highest value ones you've seen for sale are probably custom rifles on a "Mauser action." This means either a Mauser-style action, or that somebody built an entire gun around an existing Mauser action (not the barrel, stock or trigger).

Let's see more of this one (if you have time). The quality of the stock, the scope, the bluing on the gun and the action will all contribute to its value.

I was remiss in not welcoming you to the 'Fire too, but I'm a newbie also!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." -- Ronald Reagan