THANKS EVERYONE!!

Just looked again at this thread after starting it a couple weeks ago!

I understand about "no guarentees" about how well a favorite load of one fellow might work with another.

But this thread has been successful in pointing out how well MANY Black Diamonds shoot with 100 grains of loose Pyrodex RS or Triple7, or 2 pellets of either. Projectile I intend to use are .430 cal 240grain bulk Hornady (swaged) lead semi-wadcutters, in a .50 cal sabot. WA state used to require blackpowder hunters use all-lead bullets, but finally relaxed that law a couple years ago.

Basically I need to shoot my rifle and sight-in the new Williams rear peep I have to mount. Also for older eyes, front post-sights (with fiber optic or gold or silver or white beads) are available in 3/32" diameter versus 1/16". Helps me to see it a tad bit better. Also I was using a .050" rear aperature, but the much wider .093" diameter I saw recently at the range might work just fine, too!

If I can get get a 100yd grouping 2-3inches 'minute of deer' (at a medium velocity), I'll be happy! I killed plenty deer with a centerfire, so a decent broadside shot with the T/C should yeild good results.

Thanks again everyone. wink