LT- agree, rather spin turrets that a power knob anyday, feel it would be a better ROI smile

Only time I had a problem w/a 6x on deer, was one about 300 yds, Texas Heart Shot, Heavy Duplex was NOT highly regarded that doe - but it worked on an 8pt WT later in the am about 115 yds, and again at Dark Thirty on a doe around 40 yds in heavy cover.

No doubt for all around I like a std. duplex, Can't complain enough about Leupy stopping the duplex in their Matte 6x's and using the Wide. They work, but I prefer a std.

Ralphie, I'd be 'content' w/those old 7.5 w/modern coated lens, matte, and M1s, no AO.

When calling what would be an 'avg. distance' or is there one when you tend to shoot, and under 100 do you just crank down?

E - one thing I won't forget is a former shooting/hunting partner telling me, 'You shoot that Sako 243 better than most other rifles' and it had a 7.5x. We had been 'experimenting' with all types of rifles, calibers, and scopes. It worked well for me and my hit ratio was solid - being a Sako did not hurt smile

Thanks.