BarryC, thanks for the advice on the Mini Mauser front sight. I also appreciate insight you have shared along with others on this thread on these interesting little rifles. People with knowledge sharing information with those with no knowledge (e.g. me) are the what makes the Campfire great. Thanks again. If you don't mind I have another question.

What do you mean when it has a NATO-type chamber? Because mine also is an Interarms import presumably it has the same chamber and twist as yours. Are there any "watch-outs" with a NATO-type chamber such as is associated with military brass?

I've never loaded anything smaller than a 6mm Remington so the tiny cases, primers and bullets seem like toys. But this will be a good rifle to move grandkids from rim-fires to center-fires.

I went to Harbor Freight and bought an arbor press. Then dressed the edges of the front sight with a needle file where it was peened (either by me or a previous owner), applied the press and -- it never budged. The barrel would turn as pressure was applied to the sight at the top of a tall ramp; after several attempts at using lead wire, etc. to try and brace the ramp so it wouldn't move I gave up.

Then I resorted to plan B and brought out the favorite weapon of gun bubbas --- the fearsome, dangerous and dreaded DREMEL!!! Using a cut-off wheel the front sight was cut in half and the rest was easy. The ramp had to come off because the front ramp was loose when I got the rifle.

Shooting will have to wait until I bed both of the stocks and I'm waiting until the one from Sarco comes before starting. If it will shoot under 1.5" with me shooting it; I'll be happy as my skill level usually runs 1.5-3.0" with most rifles.

Thanks again, Clint

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson