Originally Posted by saddlesore
Colorado Oakie.The problem is that a lot of those funds go towards nonhunting expenditures which non hunters do not contribute to.They therefore get a free ride on the backs of hunters. Of course that isn't anything new.

Typical example.Every hunter has to pay the S&R and education fee with every license they buy. Non hunters,typically do not pay the seach and rescue fee even once and typically very few ever get charged for being rescued

Saddlesore,
True enough that the funds support a wide range of activities the DOW is involved in. Research, education and hunter outreach, among others. I volunteer in the DOW's hunter outreach program. This comes at no cost to the participants. While I appreciate your viewpoint and understand your frustration, I believe very deeply in the outreach program, as it helps develop ethical hunters who might not have the chance to experience the great outdoors otherwise. Also, I believe the research and conservation is necessary (as is hunting) to preserving the wildlife for future generations to enjoy. I don't mind paying for it a little. smile

As far as non-hunters not paying the education and S&R fee? What do you mean? I've got both on my fishing/small game license.

- Randy