Perhaps some of you anti-LRH folks are put off by the amount of money required to successfully hunt LR, or perceive some cockiness on the part of the LRH's when they speak of their equipment and their successes.
<br>
<br>My best friend of over 45 years and life-long huntin' pard could afford to buy whatever hunting gear he wanted, I couldn't. He hauled my arse up to my camp every year in his new $35K pickup, I drive a beater. I hunt with anything from a old M94 to a HB 25-06 that I helped to build, he had Senderos, 40XB's and a 1000yd BR rifle at his disposal.
<br>
<br>At no time did I ever begrudge him the fact that his 6-figure income allowed him to pursue whatever sort of hunting tickled his fancy, while I was content to hunt the same way our forefathers did, for the most part.
<br>More often was the case, that I'd dump a varmint with my M788 22-250 and heckle him because he'd just missed one with his custom M700 22-250 varminter, (not that he ever missed much).
<br>
<br>Money will not buy you a thing if you don't have the skill, the dedication or the desire to hone those skills, be they at the loading bench or at the range.
<br>When I was range director at my gunclub, I saw dozens of folks show up with,say, a new Weatherby and proudly show it off. Most of them never managed to become proficient with such rifles because, although they could afford one, they didn't possess the dedication or determination to learn to shoot them well.
<br>
<br>Don't confuse these guys with dime store cowboys. They have committed not only a lot of money to their sport, but more importantly, one helluva lot of time and dedication to doing it well. More power to 'em, my opinion.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.