I'm jaundiced...The details are sort of excritiating.It's predecessor, the AV,failed invidiously,sort of gradually,on me(I could not figure out what was going on as I made the mistake of buying the scope a month or so before the hunt,and failed to get more than 60-70 rounds under it before taking off.)

Forget the "whys"...it would not hold zero through power changes;it hit higher from field positions than off the bags(no, it was not me or the rifle),it would not stay zeroed from Boston to Alberta....it caused me to miss a chip shot in Alberta.....

I saw the symptoms in Manning, Alberta,but just did not recognize them until I got home when I could test more thoroughly...after watching all sorts of wierd behaviour, I replaced it with a 4X Leupold....all the problems disappeared.

It was replaced by Swaro; I sold the scope without opening the box.I am told by folks I trust the guts are no different on the Z3.They are too expensive to chance it again.

I am not the only one who had a problem.Others can relate if they wish.Some have had no problems with them. I won't own another.I'd much rather hunt with a 4X Leupold.

The ergo's are very nice on the Z3;the optics are good but not as good as a Summit to my eyes.I'm not going to spend $500-$900 to find out if the Z3 is better than an AV.I'll save longer and get a S&B;hopefully it won't break in under 100 rounds,like the AV did.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.