Bad experience with bow that exploded. Long story short : summer time at the bow club late 70's. Can't remember make and model of bow. My buddy is up to bat at target #17. He draws back, aims and then releases. His arrow hits the ground near his feet and the he colapses to the ground. Old style cable with big chunk of lead on the end where the string attaches. The lead part of the cable sliced his left arm in the crook of the elbow and continued down his arm and wrapped around his wrist. Blood squirting every where.

I called for an ambulance and fire dept but nobody showed. Another archer at the club held my friend in the passenger seat with a rope wrapped around my friends arm. People called the police because a maniac was driving at a high rate of speed flashing headlights and blowing the horn like get out of my way. 15 minutes later at the emergency room my full size blazer was surrounded by 10 police cars. They got my plate number. They didn't give me a ticket or arrest me but told me it wasn't cool what I'd had done. They did say that I saved my friends life that day. He would've bled out for sure. My friend endured 4.5 hours of surgery. Scary stuff ! Bow exploded !

Ken