My "anecdotal" evidence on whitetails, a 25-06 (or two) and the 100gr BTips, amounts to a coupla dozen dead deer between myself and a hunting bud. Some out in the 350 to 450 yard sweet spot.

All of mine were one shot kills (primarily heart/lungers). Recall he wound up pepperin' a big doe once, that insisted on playing hide and seek in a brushy creek bottom one year, otherwise his were all one'n done?

None of which went far, or ever exhibited any of the infamous Btip Blow Ups we read so much about. And many (most?) of those were with the original 100gr Btips of years ago. Not even sure if any of my kills were with the "improved" version, although there are about four black boxes of 'em in the cupboard. Think all of my deer kills were with the ones in the old green, red and white boxes?

If I'm hunting deer with one of my 25-06s, it'll have 100gr Btips in it. Has been so for many years. If I ever decide to tote a 243 for deer, it'll have 95gr BTips in it.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.