smile No doubt, if it were called a 'cult wildcat' name - it might garner more attention. I truly believe many rounds thrive or nosedive in a good part just to how well received the name on the headstamp is perceived.

Think about how much effort/research pharmaceutical companies, car mfg. etc. put into the name of their new babies.

Heard it before and my experience mirrors, but some of my past Sako's were SLICK feeding, and those older 579 and AII in 243 w/mild shoulder fed great. A nice sidenote as I'd get frustrated with any round that gave any 'bobbles' in a hunting rifle.

I think you will be taking a good liking to your new ULA/NULA, as I hear nothing but good things about them.

Correct on that - 26 deg.

It is a good design IMHO - as many marketing made Winchester's 243 more commercially successful - the '244 Rem' was not properly launched w/12" twist IIRC - so the 243s w/10 and 9 twisted bbls shot better w/heavier 100gr. Later 244s i.e. 6 Rem as you probably know have proper twists for all standard bullet weights.

Enjoy your new rifle - look forward to range reports.