mojohand,

It's too bad you don't live somewhere near me, I'd be more that happy to let you shoot my 1-B (with "B" weight barrel) in 9.3x62. Mine is cut to 23 5/8".

FYI: the 1-B and 1-S both share the "B" weight barrel @ 26". Only difference is the "B" has a clean barrel and Beavertail fore-end, and the 1-S has iron sights, barrel band sling swivel, and the AH fore-end.

In all honesty, I'd like to see Ruger make the 1-S in 9.3x62 w/24" barrel. I'd think that would be a well-balanced, very handy rifle. And I'm thinking that it COULD happen, now that they are chambering the 9.3x62 in the M-77... (Holding my breath here...) smile

Were I, you... I'd have a hard time getting rid of something as unique as the Whelen that you have now, just for something with a bit more panache... blush (Which is how I ended up with a fairly eclectic collection of discontinued/ltd production rifles... ) smile I just hate to sell something that I know I'll never be able to replace if I change my mind... blush

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"