I'd snap it up...beautiful rifle!

My favorite Sako story involves a Deluxe grade in 30/06 that a neighbor's son brought back from Finland while he was in the service. He had no use for it and figured he ought to sell it. Mom called me up saying "Dahlin' they are wanting $600 for some rifle with a name that sounds like "socks"....I can write 'em a check and you reimburse me next time you are in town"...Dad was up at our farm at the time, so she took matters into her own hands. Little did I know it was an unfired Deluxe grade, with hang tags still attached to the front swivel! Next week I picked it up at their house and starting writing out my check to her. My dad wasn't in the room at the time and when I handed her the check she asked for a smooch on the cheek and whispered to me "Paid in full". I kept it unfired and a safe queen until she passed in 2007...A month after she passed, I mounted a scope, zero'd it, and refused to pull the trigger until a nice one presented an opportunity. Thought I did OK here....226 yard shot and he dropped right there.

Love you mama!

[Linked Image]

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.