Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
BSA, I had at least 4 of those click-adjust Vari-X III 2.5-8's. I still have one.

They are good scopes... with the caveat that they are not particularly good in low, grey, western Oregon November light. At least not to my eye.

I sold several on the classifieds for $250 if memory serves. They were matte.

Thanks Jeff, you still getting along well with the VX-III 2.5-8 or are you ready to sell it off too grin. I agree with some of these other posters that leupolds seem to be higher priced for what you actually get, but you are actually paying for a great warranty and CS as well and that may be worth paying the premium. I may be wrong, but after dealing with bushnell, I don't think I'll ever buy another one, unless nsaqam has another 4200 like the one he sold for dirt cheap last week whistle

I haven't honestly used it for a few weeks. I got my 7WSM finally and have been working with that getting it sorted out. You know how sometimes, you rebarrel a rifle, and virtually any load you throw at it, shoots? Well... this hasn't been like that. whistle

I just swapped scopes over on it, hopefully that's what's up.

I forget, BSA... have you used a 3-9x40 Conquest?

Hope you start having some better luck with that 7. I know you've been anxiously waiting on that one and finally got it back from the smith.
I haven't used a conquest before, but have seriously considerd one. I've looked thru them many times at wholesale sports. Very nice scopes for the money for sure.....

Yeah... what it's been doing reeks of bedding and/or scope problems. Fixed the bedding, now as soon as I get the chance I'll find out if it was the scope. Aargh.

You really get a sense of just how good that particular Conquest is when you mount it up and use it a while. 4" of constant eye relief will spoil ya! Plus they are so bright and clear and track so reliably. I'll put a Leup on a featherweight but beyond that, I'm a Conquest slut <g>.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!