Gentlemen,
I have a couple of ideas and I thought I would throw out for your thoughts. I've been otherwise occupied for the last few months and I have an desire for a custom rifle. Tell me what you think..

1. 7mm WSM setup on a Surgeon 591 repeater OR single shot. The Single Shot would be seated just slightly into the lands while the repeater would have a bit more room. Thinking of setting both up for 175 grain Sierra Match Kings or 180 grain Bergers. Dunno on stocks. Have a propensity for A-5s, however, I'm thinking an A-1C might be interesting. Even though I've had my issues with that handle in the past. The other stock is the Remington Hunter. Basically a McMillan Sako 75 setup for a Remington. Would leave the barrel and the chambering details up to the smith. Open on smiths as well. Have thought of giving Chris Matthews a shot...

2. All out .338 Lapua setup on a Surgeon 1581 XL Single Shot in another McMillan A-5. Thinking about turning necks just enough to load to a number and not a tolerance. Barrel make and length are completely up for discussion as I have a AAC Titan 3-4 months in process to keep things reasonably quiet. I'd like to leave the can on the rifle while it's in the safe to avoid any poa poi change. 300 grain pills of course...

Thoughts?

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member