Everything I'm involved with in the DC area requires American made products. Granted many subcomponents are made in foreign markets, but the electrical products have to be made in the US, Canada, or Mexico. There are exceptions of course. A few years ago the Navy issued a bid for VFDs for shipboard use that had to be 100% made in America. After lots of rebidding with no US manufacturer able to comply the requirement was dropped. Many of our electrical manufacturing plants are now owned by foreign corporations. Square D, Siemens, & ABB come to mind. I represent one of the largest high voltage transformer manufacturers in the world with a huge plant in Missouri that employees union workers. Profits go to Belgium. One of my old employers (GE) now makes transformers in Mexico. If a major war developed I'm not sure our domestic electrical industry could serve our needs. As my post stated the military waste so much tax payer money we should require everything used to be made 100% in America. Probably not possible, but it would be nice to grow our manufacturing base again.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?