Not trying to bust your chops but is there something special about this particular gun that makes it very rare? Remington sold 24,728 of this model before discontinuing it so I would not qualify it as very rare, rare, or uncommon with those types of numbers. I own two of the 592 and two of the 591. I doubt many folks put them in the trash compactor but they did become a very expensive gun to shoot when Remington discontinued manufacture of the 5mm cartridge. I remember seeing a box of original Rem 5mm cartridges going in excess of $100 on Gunbroker and other auction sites. Luckily I had about twenty boxes squirreled away. Now that Centurion began manufacture of the 5mm several of these guns got a breath of new life.

I like the gun and yours seems to be in very good shape but I do ask once again if there is some provenance or unusual feature that makes it "very rare"? If so I may be interested.

My opportunity to take the buck of my life now presented itself, I was as nervous as a small nun at a penguin shoot.

NRA Endowment Member
Life Member Ruger Collectors Assoc.
www.mazoniahuntclub.com