Originally Posted by safariman
I disagree. The model of 1917's make some really fine full length magnum rifle builds. They are a true Mauser, have a great safety, and there are lots of aftermarket upgrade parts for it.

My 340 Tyrannosaur (338/8mm RemMag) is built on a 1917 with Dayton Traister Cock on opening mechanism and a speedlock set up that is so stout one needs a drill press to dissasemble the bolt and re-assemble it. Also has the matching trigger assembly and the trigger breaks crispy and cleanly at 2.25lbs. I have dual dovetail Burris bases and rings, a re-shaped Boyds JRS stock, Burris Euro Diamond 2-10x44 Posi Lock scope, Barrel was a McGown SS 300 WBY that after I wore it out was cut rifled and re-chambered by the late Dick Nickel and now prints nice little groups with 225GR TTSX Barnes bullets spitting out at 3100fps. Easily is my most used and deadliest rifle in the stable. Not only in my hands, but as a loaner in Africa for clients who used it to very deadly effect.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As to the rifle in question, it would make an EXCELLENT 300 H&H or 375 H&H, as well as any other fll length magnum rifle you want. Even a 416 Rigby which would be a natural for the iron sights type stock you have. Good luck and keep us posted on this rifles progress! MARK

Very Nice Rig cool cool

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.