Woody, have you ever used the Lee molds? I currently have three and feel they are an amazing deal. They cast much better than they should. One thing to watch on those two cavity molds is to make sure they completely close before refilling. Something that works for me is this: after dropping the bullets, and the mold is still open, turn the sprue plate to it's "closed" position and then close the mold. Since the two cavity doesn't have the best alignment pins, that closed sprue plate acts as extra alignment and makes sure the mold seals up tight when closing.

I recently splurged and bought a Lee six cavity to feed my .38 special. What a difference in workmanship over the two cavity version. The face of the mold is better machined with much better vent lines and it has true aligment pins as opposed to those little sideways dowels on the 2 cavity type. True, they are a little more and you have to buy handles, but they are still cheaper than most of the other manufacturers and you can fill up a bucket of bullets in a hurry.

That 310gr .44 is one that has intrigued me for a while, I am really eager to see how it works in my Redhawk. Keep us updated on how it works out for you.

Originally Posted by Creeker
[Linked Image]

Creeker, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of lubesizing set up are you using there?