Not to choose sides here..i had a similar discussion with BFR last year. So being the stubborn hard headed person that i am i set out to prove him wrong. I started an all out primer testing fiasco of my own. I bought every brand primer i could find, even some old remington from the 60's a friend of mine still had. I tried, unique, bulleye, Imr4227, 2400, 296, new brass, once fired, and "darn near worn out brass" Hell I had a Western Sizzlin buffet of 44 mag garb loaded up. in all reality i got tighter groups(not much) with well used brass and LP primers than I did with any other brass/powder/primer combination. My final load ended up being 2400/federal #150/well used starline brass/ 240 keith bullet/ Ruger redhawk 7.5 1981 model. All of my testing was this summer so i have no temperature comparisons. most days testing were 95*+ and all was done between 25-50yds outside off of sandbag/ shoot n clean. Further testing to come in cold weather. Dont know if it means anything or not but he was partially correct about the issues we argued then. I feel overall that my abilities as a shooter were more important than all the other crap combined and in the long run any of the loads would have been more than accurate enough to down a white tail. My S&W 500 uses only LR primers and you can bet it'll never see an LP primer in it i can tell you that. Nor will any of my rifles ever see LP primers. I have never loaded 45 acp with SP primers and doubt i ever will. I doubt any auto in 45 acp would ever know the difference. If it does i wont be there to see it. Some of my best groups with my Colt pre series 70 National Match was with white box wal-mart ammo. I have a series 70 LW commander that nothing will shoot good in. I guess i never intended to be as accurate with my 1911's as i am with my big bore revolvers.

If the world didnt suck we would all fall off!