All,

I wanted to share a couple photos of my youth/ladies rifle project - a LNIB "factory-refurbished" Remington Model Seven AWR in 6.8 SPC, with a Leupold VX-II 2-7x33, S&K stainless mounts and a Gre-Tan firing pin assembly upgrade (to replace the J-lock). I hope to use her as a first hunting rifle for deer/pigs/goats/sheep for my young sons.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yes, the stainless rings/bases and bolt shroud don't match the black Teflon, but I'll eventually strip the Teflon and coat the stainless barreled action with NP3 or NP3+ from Robar.

I emailed Remington to get more information about the rifle, but all they'd tell me is that the stock was replaced. It's a McMillan, and appears to be new/unused, althogh Remington stopped using them years ago. It's a hair under 1.5 pounds.

The bore is pristine and cleaned very easily (was fired at the factory or by the prior owner). What's most interesting is that there's a mirror polish to the bore, as if it was hand-lapped and broken-in the painstaking way (whether you think break-in is gospel or hogwash). Afer a few cycles of cleaning with M-Pro 7, two long soaks with copper solvent resulted in no indication of copper on the patches. Too bad I don't have a borescope.

I guess we'll learn more and see how things go during load development! My fingers are crossed!

NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Hunter Education Master Instructor