I bought one at Bass Pro for $99. It's a big metal mug with a neoprene cover. The stove, a small fuel canister, legs, and an adapter to sit pans on all fits inside. I unpacked the thing and thought "what a cheap piece of crap this is." I sat it on the table and kind of stared at it when I passed by. Well, last Sunday, a hurricane hit us. They downgraded it to a tropical storm, but 70 to 80 mile winds blew down trees everywhere in town. We lost power for 4 days. I went to my Mom's house to take care of her and her 4 sisters. Little old ladies and no power for 4 days. The power went out at 7am and they are all wondering what they are going to have for breakfast. Coffee, toast, oatmeal? I'm looking at my little Jetboil.

I set it up and filled the mug with a quart of water. I turned the gas on and hit the little button. Whoosh. Off goes half the hair on my right hand. I jumped like a little girl, then stood there and watched the little thing. It brought that water to a rolling boil in two minutes. I made everyone tea. Then I boiled water for oatmeal. Tea and Campbell's soup for lunch. I made toast, and grilled chicken during the storm on the patio grill! I did use the little Jetboil 3 times a day for 4 days and what a neat little piece of gear. It's thin metal and plastic. You probably don't want to drop it too hard, but if you can keep it safe, what a nice thing to have along in your pack. I've had a MSR Whisperlite for 20 years and I like this better. No muss, no fuss, and no smell of Coleman fuel in your gear.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson