Originally Posted by FOsteology
"Take Our Country Back" is a popular phrase, and being uttered more and more as the 2012 election looms closer. I'd like to hear what your perception of those words are.

To me, "taking our country back", means changing the perception that government is supposed to be involved in every facet of our lives. That government will coddle us from cradle to grave, that government assistance will be available when we screw up, that government will take care of our every need...etc, ect.

It's about demanding a government that governs based on the will of the people, not special interests. It's about a political class who aren't all filthy rich, but rather, make sacrifices like our men and women in the military, to serve their country.

It's about where all people truly are treated equal under the law, no special privileges or handouts, no class-based redistribution, no elite echelon of politicians who are above the "normal" people of society.

It's about a society where I'm free to do as I wish, but once I screw up, I pay the consequences.

Part of the problem is what is deemed a "Screw up". Not wearing a seatbelt, a 15 7/8" barrel on a rifle, a farmer selling extra milk, eggs or produce. There are thousands of laws that if you don't comply, will end with force being used against you, eventually, even if it starts out to be something absurdly minor.

There just has got to be some balance between actual anarchy that no sane person could ever accept & the iron fisted control the statists seek. We are way too far towards the latter & a roll back is needed, badly, because it isn't working out the way it should.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK