It seems to me that you are trying to make a mountain of a molehill, or just a subtle attempt at a personal attack on my work. Since you are referring to me, I feel obliged to respond. I stated the reasons why "I" do things, and you continue to try and tell us all how to do it correctly. Not just here on this forum, but I see you argue with other very experienced coaters over on the "Hide" also.

Looks like to me that the rifle sure wasn't wiped down with anything worth it's weight in gold as far as protection goes. I agree that being by the ocean with the salt content in the air is worse than not being by the coast. I have coated quite a few rifles that live in the likes Florida, Oregon, Washington, SE Alaska etc... and haven't had any complaints.

How do you get Cerakote behind the Rem 700 extractors for the "complete" coat job that you boast so passionately about? What about firing pin springs? That plunger doesn't appear to be coated. I seen other pictures of yours that show three bolts coated, but not the cocking pieces....
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ub...in=247888&Number=2807383#Post2807383

[Linked Image]

Probably just the customer not wanting the cocking pieces coated. Hmmmm, I've seen cocking pieces rusted before. I coat them all the time. So much for the "To me it's more than just pretty. I would rather have Cerakote's full benefits obtained by a complete coating."

What about the receiver lug abutments inside the receiver of a Rem 700? Those must all be rusted to crap on rifles.

You crapped on my thread by trying to be the Gandhi of cerakote work, or maybe it's your way of trying to drum up more business, don't really know and don't really care.

I truly wish you the best in your endeavors, but you sure aren't good at getting off on the right foot.

My last post on this subject, maybe I should quit posting pictures of my work. I better call Karl and tell him to start coating bolt faces and behind the lugs also.

Off my soap box now, and I apologize for those that have to read this, and to all the rusty gun parts in rifle heaven. smirk

Last edited by eddief; 10/02/11. Reason: spelling

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com