All,

At our new camp I have space to shoot a .22 safely but I have neighbors that I really don't want to bother (well, except for sneaking out and defacing their Obama bumper sticker whistle ) . I have not looked seriously into a suppressor as the thought of dealing with the bureaucracy in Md then taking the pistol or rifle to WV is just more than I care to deal with. Instead I did some shooting out there with both .22 CB and the Aquila Super Colibri out of my CZ452FS and I think those will be fine so I suspect a .22 short will work fine noise-wise and for punching some paper.

Since it's not much fun to single load I said to myself "self, here's a chance to have some fun with some simple gunsmithing on that old 10/22". Indeed, my first rifle ever is a 10/22 I bought at K-Mart for $89 in 1981 and I haven't shot it in a long time. So, poking around ye-olde interweb I see Volquartson has a conversion kit for the 10/22 (https://www.volquartsen.com/products/155-22-short-kit-for-10-22) that may fill the bill.

Next question - does anyone make a barrel for the 10/22 that is actually chambered for the Short? I suspect that shooting a lot of them from a LR chambered barrel would result in a chamber ring that might be tough to clean.

What trigger kit does someone recommend. I can certainly go with Volquartson for this too if folks have good experience with them.

Thoughts? Experiences? Cautions?

Allen

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated