I just went through my hunting notes for the past 40 years and came up with the following statistics:

My shots on pronghorn have ranged from 50 on up, and have averaged just over 250 yards. That said, I'm often strictly hunting trophy bucks, sometimes in states other than Montana that have very short seasons. I'm not going to pass up a big New Mexico buck at 300 yards when the season is only two days long.

My two longest shots were 401 and 430 yards, both on exceptional bucks that were pretty shy. In fact the 401-yard shot was on a 16" Wyoming buck taken late in the season that had been seen a few times before by other hunters. Nobody had been able to get a reasonable shot at him, but I got lucky, spotting him at about 900 yards and making a long sneak just to get within 400.

On the other hand, I last hunted in Wyoming two years ago, with a rifle all dialed in out to 600 yards--and killed a very old buck at 160-some yards.

The average for the pronghorn I've seen other hunters (except my wife) take was aound 240 yards. Again, these were mostly trophy hunters, some of them guided by me, in several states.

My wife's pronghorn shots have averaged less than 200 yards, partly because she shoots quite a few does. But she also stretched it out to 400+ on one Montana buck.

I should also note that for a number of years in the 1980's she and I hunted an area of badlands in eastern Montana, until illegal ATV use ruined it for everybody. Our shots there, including big bucks, averaged 130 yards, and often were well under 100.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck