Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
I'll keep operating the same way MColeman so long as the insurance companies keep operating the same way. We've had only one auto claim to AIG which wasn't our fault (bump to the rear bumper at a redlight). And that claim was to the other driver's insurance policy which just so happened to be AIG as was ours. Since every insurance company I've dealt with has used the same tactic, I don't really see much about being reputable beyond avoiding the fly-by-night and unheard of companies. Our stats, other than being unwilling to overpay for insurance, makes us very desireable policy holders. Geico has our homeowners and auto insurance right now. Farmers had it and lost it in short order. I stick with a provider as long as the premiums remain competitive. I do check the insurance commissions stats and complaint index each time I shop. I don't bother to jump ship for pennies, have a high deductible and full coverage. So pigeonhole me as a cheapskate which you essentially just did, but I think there's a difference between expecting reasonable premium increases to loyal customers without any claims, and someone looking to save an insignificant difference. The hassle and aggravation of finding a new provider demands a certain premium in and of itself. If an insurance company ever denies a justified claim which is the only kind I would make, I'll see someone who operates at their own level -- a lawyer.

I think you read "cheapskate" into my statement on your own. I didn't say that nor did I mean to imply it. Let me say up front that I was giving you what I consider to be good advice. It makes absolutely no difference to me what you do with it. I've seen many insureds jump from one company to the other always seeking the lowest premium and when they got dropped it was difficult, and expensive, to find coverage. That was many years ago but the situation may be different now. Do what you want to.