I bought a pair of china pronghorns in 07, they were junk in 08. leather ripped apart from the tennis shoe sole sick

My boots have got to be BOOTS. Made out of boot parts with boot construction. No more camo cross trainers for me.

My USA Danner elk hunters are older than the pronghorns and still going strong. I believe mine are 400 or 600 grams insulation. the elk hunters are some heavy mothers and do expect some break in time, but they are good boots.

I also have an uninsulated pair of black service boots (USA danner) and they do well for me too.

Uninsulated grouse hunter would be my preference color wise, but they come with lace eyelets to the ankle, then hooks to the top and they end with an eyelet at the very top.

Why the [bleep] do they do that??

If you are gonna do hooks with the ankle portion of the laces then go hooks all the way to the top, or just do eyelets from top to bottom.

But eyelets from the toe, then hooks.... then back to a final eyelet at the top? crazy

So I went with the black service boot which is identical to the grouse in construction but it uses eyelets from top to bottom.

I even called Danner to see if they could make me a pair of grouse hunters with either all eyelets or a set of hooks at the very top instead of the 2 eyelets at the top.

They said "No soup for you! Back of line!"

Something clever here.