[Linked Image]

Leaving after work on friday and arriving in the dark didn't leave any time to scout, so we started bright and early on saturday. Thinking we could find one of the two nice bucks I'd spotted last monday, put us out on a good vantage point at daylight. It was spitting rain and heavy overcast, but hardly any wind. I glassed off to the west and found a bunch with 12 bucks in it. None of these looked like any that I'd seen last week. A closer look with the spotting scope showed us this nice heavy buck with great prongs and deep hooks. One look and she said, "Thats the one I want!". After closing the gap to 185 meters, she made a perfect shot with my lightweight .260. We hung back and let the boys go to him. We could hear them yelling, "He's bigger than yours dad!". My little .260 is no longer mine now......she did tell me I could borrow it from time to time.....grin!

[Linked Image]

The three boys were all over mom's buck, with knives ready. The sun tried to shine for a few minutes and the camera was humming...

[Linked Image]

I think I detect a slight smile...

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]