Now I've killed damn near very deer I've ever shot in my life with a Hornady .30 Cal 165 BTSP and a Ruger M77 MKII 30-06, minus my first deer and the one when I first got my M7 Mag 300 SAUM, (150gr Core-Lokt Ultra) the bullets were traveling around 2750 fps and I have yet to recover any of those bullets, all were complete pass-throughs including any buck I've shot,which was through the shoulders every time, and those cheap, crappy, core-losing, S.O.B. cnc bullets just bore right through, leave a tunnel the size of a tennis ball and a blood trail about three feet wide each time. What crappy performance huh? grin I sold that 30-06 to my brother and he still uses that load with the same boring (and disappointing) results. Since the second year I've owned the SAUM I use all kinds of different bullets, but I worked up a nice load w/Varget and the same cheap, crappy, unimpressive bullet in my 300 SAUM and it does the same thing out of that rifle, judging by the size of the wound tunnels, I'd say weight retention sucks and it's probably losing it's core while it's passing through as well. laugh BTW, congratulations on getting a deer, your bullet looks good to me, I'd use it any day of the week.