well I didn't mean to start another flame... but that deer wouldn't ever make a really nice one, so why let him breed.

As to high fences, never been on one but once as a guide... never hunted one. As to feeders, yeah we use em, I use em at home as an ability to not let the deer suffer during stress times. But I rarely if ever hunt a feeder. I hunt travel areas where I can catch them moving from bedding to feeding sources. And still shoot every cull I legally can to help the herd.

I still don't understand whats the deal against culling. As I"ve said if you ran a cattle operation or any livestock operation you certainly wouldnt' keep or let the runts breed. Just doesn't make sense.

And honestly, if our county was a one buck county, I"d still shoot the first cull I saw assuming I hadn't shot a better deer first. Its just the common sense thing to do. How many tags I get etc... doesn't matter. And actually where I hunt I have one buck tag, no doe tags, a spike tag. I rarely if ever shoot spikes unless they are older deer than 18 months.
BTW time wise, I haven't shot a non cull buck in about 4 years at home, and on a lease, I shot one in 2003, and in 2010. I dont' have to kill a buck every year, no big deal, but then we have does to fill the freezer on a friends place that we are allowed to thin the does late in season so that helps. Just can't shoot em at home.

I digress though, maybe I should become PC and just say to everyone, damn nice deer, great job and keep my mouth shut otherwise. Guess we shouldn't toss out opinions any more. Seems thats the way this country is headed anyway with the current administration to boot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....