About three years ago I bought a couple of new 2.5-8x as they were closing out the older version of the current VX3. I've had them in the box until this fall when I finally decided to put one on my favorite muzzle loader. After the initial sighting in procedure at 25yds I moved out to 100yds and found I needed to make some adjustments. This group was centered 1.5" low and 1.5" left of the aiming point. I moved the scope up 14 clicks and then right 6 clicks, getting me to a centered POI that would hopefully be 2" high...I always go past the intended spot and then click back to it. The first 3 shots hit 3" high and 1" right from POA....hummm. So I went down 4 clicks and left 4 clicks. Shot twice and they were right in the same group as the previous 3 shots! Okay, so I move it down another 4 clicks and fire off two more shots which finally hit where I wanted. A scope of this quality ought to track better but the past several Leupolds I have purchased sure have been a disappointment in this area. I am alone in this or do others have the same troubles?

Last edited by John55; 11/16/11.