I am using the "medium" length "M" stamped mags that are for 308/243 class T3s. Since all T3s are long action, removing the bolt stop and using 30-06 class mags are an option if you want to run a VLD type projectile that may not work in a standard medium length mag.

I have been using the .308 mags, but have considered doing exactly what I described above.

In regards to COL, when I get home I will measure a cartridge and give you an answer.

Thank you for the positive response. The rifle makes sense to me. Sakos/Tikkas have such a great reputation for accuracy, and knowing that the actions require little to no squaring prior to screwing on a new tube, it seemed like a natural platform for a custom gun.

Now I am starting to see more and more custom Tikka T3s. I think people are figuring out what phenomenal potential they have as custom guns.

Years ago I was shooting a state sniper match and talking about what great shooters the Tikkas were. Guys were looking at me like I had a third eye growing out of my head.

Now the same guys are buying T3s and putting them into Whiskey Chassis systems and talking about how cool they are, as if the T3s are brand new on the market

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com