Yep, on tinder. Mostly carry 2 vitamin bottles of lint both laced with magnesium dust/shavings, with one vasiline for damp wet condition. Then a third with tinder fungus for the fire pistion. So, firepiston and ferrocerium rod n striker, along with a bic lighter or 2. At least one of either the firesteel or firepiston with enough tinder in a small zip lock is on my person at all times, rather than all in a pack. Just in case I get seperated form the pack. I often thought about getting one of these as well, for backup.
http://store.sundancesolar.com/sospliposiso.html
Really don't need the lighters with either of the other 2. I suppose I really should take waterproof matches as well, just the other 2, I haven't found a need. On the other hand, one can't have too many ways to make heat, as long as it's packable and don't reqiure much space. And speaking of space,,,,also have 1-2 space blankets in the back pocket as well. They by themselves, or to line a quick wikiup, are worth it. And with a wikiup or leanto in mind for emergency shelter, a small roll of clear poly for a front, one can keep a shelter toasty in freezing weather. For the most part, most all of this stuff wouldn't take up hardly room fanny pack, or bellow pockets so it's always with you.
Didn't mean to get sidetracked there! Just when talking fire,,,,heat, shelter, and water, kinda go hand in hand when in need.

Life is a journey of many trails, the trail you choose, is not as important as how you walk it.