Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I think if you lopped off the threaded portion, remove the rear buckhorn, and add a XS Ghost ring it would be quiet a handy little rifle.

its dang near immpossible to keep a can in place without those threads.

Yeah it won't be "quiet" with the threads lopped off but it would be "quite" handy. I should proof my posts better instead of just using a spell checker, but it was real early for me this morning and hadn�t had a full cup of coffee yet. If I was going to use a can for a "quiet" rifle, I'd have it rebarreled into a .300 Whisper or .300 AAC Blackout. 175-220 grain subsonic bullets with a can and night vision would turn it into a true pig thumper with more multiple kills possible.

Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
.308 WCF the only chambering on this one?

No they make it in .223 Rem and .338 Win as well . I think they could have used a better stock than that Stevens 200 plastic stock though. I guess I was a little ahead of Savage when I built this three years ago, 6x47 Rem Stevens 200 with a 20� barrel has a SSS competition trigger instead of the Accutrigger however plus the longer bolt handle makes it easier to grab and work the action in a hurry.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]