No problem SAKO..

That catalog is one I have had since 1978. I used to buy quite a few semi inlets from them and EC Bishop back then with my hard earned teenage $$.

Used to make trips up there in the Fall and prowl their stacks of blanks for my semi inlets. I never could afford their AAA special selection stuff, usually looked through their A and AA grade blanks and found a few "sleepers". Marty Fajen(Reinhart's Daughter in law) and Fred Wenig (the plant manager then) were wonderful and very tolerant hosts.

They treated this farm boy from OK like some Texas oil millionaire who flew in for a $2,000 stock fitting.. I was offered a "5 cent plant tour" each time and when I needed to look at blanks, Fred would take me to the blank warehouse and point the the pallets full of graded wood and say "Knock yourself out, kid.. Just put everything back the way you found it when you are done."

It was like a family funeral when I attended their liquidation sale in 1998. Larry Potterfield (the owner of Midway USA) managed to destroy in less than five years something it took Mr Fajen his whole lifetime to build- not to mention destroying the entire economy of Warsaw ,MO.
Damn shame.

IMHO, stocks like that one are American Classics in their own right, regardless of what some folks here might feel about the styling. I would remind them that 60 years ago, factory original deluxe Winchester High Wall Scheutzen rifles were restocked because the shooters of that time thought they could make something to make something "better" out of them. It was a tragedy that so many of those rifles were destroyed by such misguided customizing. It would also be a tragedy if something were done to alter that Fajen stock. For someone who likes a Monte Carlo stock with a close grip, it's just fine as it is.

Last edited by jim62; 12/17/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt