This may be of help. I have the latest/current Optilocks and they do not use these older metric allen screws which you guys hate. My latest Optilocks use Torx T10s for the ring caps and Torx T25s for the ring to base and mounting clamp screws. The T10 cap screws are spec'd for 15in-lbs and the T25 base and clamp screws are spec'd for 45in-lbs. The Torx heads on these base screws are the same as the T25 front and rear action screws which Sako is torquing into the receiver at a spec of 55 to 57in-lbs. That's 12in-lbs higher than needed for the Optilock mounting base screws. I've torqued, removed and retorqued the cap screws three different times, I've done this with the base clamp screws about a dozen times, and I've done this with the action screws about a half dozen times. So far, they are all in perfect shape without a mark or blemish. The torx bit bites hard and I cannot see how anyone could damage these screws without using a bad bit and/or torquing way, way over spec.

I'd think at some point you should be able to order these torx screws as replacements over the older metric allen screws which are disliked. Brownell's carries the Optilocks, so they may have the Optilock small parts. If they do and you can get Military, LEO, or Dealer pricing, replacements would be inexpensive.

Best smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 01/14/12.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood