Originally Posted by Wardman

Pyramid is a good place to start. Call them, they are good people and will answer questions for you. I opted for a AA TX200HC in .22 cal. Then I had it tuned to be quiet/smooth. Yes, it pushed $1000 when all was said and done. That said, I have friends in the UK that pushed me that way b/c they can ONLY hunt with air guns with less than 12 ft/lbs of force. It's heavier too.

^this

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Air_Arms_TX200_MkIII_air_rifle/174

Top it with an Air Force 4-16x50AO scope and RWS pellets. The one I has was a .177 and it took plenty of squirrels and would do a dime at fifty yards. The trigger is amazing and the recoil is much less than other springers meaning a longer scope life. The blueing is better than a Weatherby Mk V. The stock (mine was walnut) is incredible with fish scale checkering. The action is incredibly smooth and it could shoot a flea off a dog's arse at fifty yards. It's pricy but if cared for like a center fire minus the bore cleaning it will last for generations. Pushed standard weight .177 pellets at an honest 950 fps. Only rifle I regret selling. YMMV

For $200 or under, look at a lower RWS model.

Last edited by bigfish9684; 01/15/12. Reason: stupidity

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"